Chestermere Go Girl Event
Hosted by several organizations in the Chestermere and surrounding area not for profit sector, the Go Girl event, will offer activities and workshops that will build confidence and self-esteem. Further, the event will:
1) Introduce participants to the programs, activities and services available for them in Chestermere and area.
2) Host a fun day for girls to participate in activities and learn about the available resources for girls and women in Chestermere and Calgary.
3) Offer an opportunity for the girls to socialize and make new friends.
4) Promote empowerment of girls with a global aspect as we have a very culturally diverse town.
5) Offer traditional sports that have programs in Chestermere such as volleyball, badminton, basketball, soccer, karate, tae kwon do, yoga, dance, walking/running and more.
6) A resource fair at lunch time to let girls know about services and organizations in Chestermere and the surrounding communities that may be of interest to them.
7) Guest speakers who will build the confidence of young women by providing and delivering workshops and conferences geared towards youth ages 12 to 18.
Who Will it Benefit?
The people who will directly benefit from the program are the girls who are between the ages of 9 - 15 who will participate in the event. There is a hope then that the residual benefits of this program include:
1) Increase of girls participating in a variety of programs in and around Chestermere
2) Providing girls with tools to help with physical and mental health
3) Exposing girls to opportunities they may not have access to otherwise
4) Providing resources to girls that they can then bring home to their families
5) A chance for the girls to meet other successful women from different industries. This is done in the workshops and with the guest speakers.