Energy For All – Youth Education and Leadership
This idea is a Youth Educational and Leadership program. The program is a ten month internship at Energy For All located in Calgary, Alberta. Over the course of ten months the intern will;
1) learn about renewable energy, clean water and wastewater challenges and solutions both in Calgary and globally,
2) learn about various solutions to the challenge locally and globally,
3) participate in an international development project in one of the host countries (Nicaragua, Ecuador, Tanzania or Uganda),
4) Create and present their learning and experience in Calgary and area classrooms and 5 company lunch and learn presentations.
This program provides youth with the opportunity to be leaders in their own life as well as the community. It is transformational as the program beneficiaries are many.
Who Will it Benefit?
The beneficiaries of this program are as follows;
1) School kids in public schools, grades 7 - 12 in Southern Alberta (Calgary and Area).
2) The participant who is chosen to be the intern for the program. This is a life changing event for the chosen youth.
3) individuals living in the community in the host developing country (Tanzania, Nicaragua, Ecuador or Uganda)
4) 5 Companies who participate in the lunch and learn will benefit from hearing about the intern\'s experience.